Friday, March 06, 2009

St Ann's Cemetery in Penetanguishene Simcoe County Ontario

I was in Penetanguishene the other day and had some time on my hands so I took some photos of graves in St Ann's Cemetery. I already had a handful of graves from St Ann's online but this new batch gives me about 150. I now have about 75% of the old pre 1900 graves. St Ann's cemetery is still in use but I do not have many photos of the more recent burials.

I am still geting the new grave photos on line and it will most likely take me the rest of the day to finish.

You can see what I have online so far at St Ann's cemetery

2 comments:

Dviussmile said...

Hello,

I would be VERY interested in pictures of a couple of headstones that may be in St. Ann's Cemetery. They are the graves of Toussaint Charlebois and/or his wife Parmelia Marie (DuBeau) Charlebois. I believe they were both buried in St. Ann's Cemetery in Penetanguishene Simcoe County Ontario. Toussaint (my great-great grandfather was born on 10-30-1847 and died on 4-15-1889). His wife, Parmelia Marie, was born on 2-15-1855 and died on 1-24-1930. ALSO, I am not sure whether he was buried there, but I am searching for my great-grandfather's grave as well, he lived and was married in Penetanguishene, but I don't know whether he and his wife died/were buried there.

If you are willing, would you please check for their graves as well? I don't have a death date for either one of them, but their names as birth dates are:

Edouard Charlebois, born: 8-10-1874Marie Odile (DeRoches) Charlebois, born: 8-1-1875.

Thank you SO MUCH for your consideration of my request.

Sincerely, Jill Stacy

JML said...

Hi Jill:
Toussaint is our great grandfather. Our grandmother was Henrietta Charlebois Stokes. My sister has done a lot of research on the family and would like very much to get in touch with you. Please contact her at 2ladybug@telus.net or you can reach me at jlesica@yahoo.ca. Hope to hear from you soon.
Judy