Friday, September 07, 2007

Getting Copies of Documents on AncestorsAtRest

Genealogists frequently ask me where and how they can get copies of a genealogy document they saw listed on my Blog (AncestorsAtRest.blogspot.com) or my website AncestorsAtRest.com

Many documents such as coffin plates, funeral cards, obituaries and family bibles are submitted to me by visitors. Sometimes they want to be contacted, so I provide their email address and name. Sometimes they don't. In those cases all you will see is their name.

Some items, especially the coffin plates, are my own private collection. I probably won't sell you the coffin plate (although you can always ask).

If I don't have a name with the items, it's either mine or it was an early submission (before I was careful about putting submitter names with those items!)

I hope you have found an interesting item for your ancestor and can enjoy the items online.

No comments: