Monday, April 28, 2014

Sharing Memories Week 10: Movie Time!

Sharing Memories Week 10: Movie Time!
Olive Tree Genealogy blog has a Genealogy Writing Challenge. It's 52 weeks of writing your own memoirs.  Lorine will be posting a weekly prompt each Sunday on Olive Tree Genealogy blog under the topic Sharing Memories

The first week's prompt was about Kindergarten. You can read Lorine's blog post for the first week at Challenge: 52 Weeks of Writing Our Memories - Kindergarten Days

This week's prompt is Movie Time!

The first movie I remember going out to see was Star Wars. That was around 1977 and I went to the Drive-In with my sister and her boyfriend. I was only 6 years old and I fell asleep in the middle of the movie!

The first movie that I saw all the way through without falling asleep was Star Trek The Motion Picture around 1979. My sister took me to see it and since then my sister and I have gone to see every single Star Trek movie together. It's a tradition.

My parents weren't movie goers and I don't remember going with them to see any movies. I do know that the last time my parents went out to the movies was in 1973 to see Robert Redford in The Sting!

Credits: "Popcorn" by Salvatore Vuono on FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: