Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Searching Free Michigan Death Records for a Massey

I've been searching the free online Michigan Death Records for my William Ivis Massey who most likely died sometime between 1891 and 1898. So far I've had no luck which leads me to think he may have died elsewhere.

Since he worked for the railroad it is quite possible he was in another state or even back in Ontario Canada where he had family.

William was born in 1847 in Quebec (called Canada East at the time) and was married twice. The first marriage was to a Miss Wheeley, the second to Jeanette (Jennie) MacDonald. I've not been able to find out his first wife's name nor when she died. But by 1878 he and wife #1 had a son George born in Ontario, and by 1881 he was in Detroit Michigan marrying Jennie.

If you recognize any of these names, contact me at ancestorsatrestATgmail.com (change the AT to @)

Here's the links for the free Michigan death records:

1867-1897 at FamilySearch
1897-1920 at Library of Michigan

No comments: