Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sharing Memories (Week 10) - First Day and Year of School

Well as I was saying yesterday I am taking part in Sharing Memories - A Genealogy Journey. This weeks journal topic is Sharing Memories (Week 10) - First Day and Year of School . So with that in mind.....

I actually do remember my first day of school. At least a little bit. I can remember walking down the street to the bus stop. A little girl crying. The stale musty smell of the bus. But what I remember most about that day is meeting my first school friend, Greg Scott. Greg and I became best friends that day and for that first year of school we were inseparable. Sadly a year or so later he moved to another school.

Its funny but as I write this, I find little bits of scatted memories are popping back in to my head. I remember playing the part of the innkeeper in the Xmas pageant, Making snow flakes out of paper. The large communal sink in the boys washroom that you had to use your feet to make the water come on. Strange what we remember.

My first teacher was Carole Peet. She was a nice lady. I think she still lives around here some place, but she is long retired now I am sure. I remember she lived on a farm. She would bring baby chickens to school and other small critters. Perhaps that's part of the reason I have a bunch of critters my self.

No comments: